KITESURFING/KITEBOARDING LESSONS IN CUBA
Kiteboarding lessons take place on the beach.
More than 300 meters of pure sand and warm shallow water is an ideal place for kiteboarding lessons.
Gear and wet suits are provided during kitesurfing lessons.
Kiteboarding lessons have different stages: from beginner to advanced, and are taught during all the year.
Brief four-hour course: 150 Euro per person
Full seven/eight-hour course : 250 Euro per person
Lessons are available either in English or in Spanish.
Reduced rates are available for group.
For more information and reservation call or e-mail us
Lesson 1. Kite Control
The first kiteboarding lesson lasts two hours and is to teach you the main basics, accelerate your lerning curve and keep safe.
By the end of the lesson you will get the following knowledges and skills:
- Choosing a safe location appropriate to the weather
- Setting up a four line inflatable kite
- Basic theory
- Safety rules
- Preflight check
- Kiteboarding etiquette and hand signals
- How to generate power flying the kite
- How to activate the leash by letting go of the bar
- Untwisting the lines with the kite in the air
- Starting and landing a kite
Lesson 2. Kite Control in the water
The second two-hour lesson of kiteboarding teaches you to stand up and get up in order to try your kite in the water.
Knowleges and skills you will get during the lesson:
- Dragging of a body while unhooked
- A kiteboarding harness and safety quick release
- Running the kite using one hand
- Dragging of a body while hooked into the harness
- Restarting the kite
- Safety rules and self-rescues
- Dragging of a body upwind
Lesson 3. Stand-Up
The next two-hour lesson will learn you to control your kiteboard while riding and allows you to try upwind riding.
You will be able to get the following knowledges and skills:
- Controling of the board
- Launching in a shallow
- Board recovery with the help of a board leash
- Controling of a body position and edge
- How to generate steady power with the kite
- Both-direction riding
The final lesson concludes the beginner kiteboarding stage and concentrates on controling the power in the riding kiteboard, edging and upwind riding skills .
Knowledges and skills you will get :
- Proper body position and changing directions
- How to ride toe and switch side
- Setting up new gear
- Kitebord repair